Business Development Manager
£60,000 to £90,000 / Edinburgh / Oct 20, 2023
Business Development Manager
Our client is the market leader in total joint integrity, manufacturing and supplying static sealing solutions, delivering high quality industrial gaskets on a global scale, as well as related industry expertise in areas like bolting, machining, leak detection and training. We’ re looking to recruit a technical Business Development Manager to its Scotland territory.
Technically focussed and applying engineering knowledge, as Business Development Manager you will engage with customers’ and prospects (end users, engineers and OEMs) providing solutions ensure the best products and services are specified and adopted.
Your main duties will include:
- Regional Business Development activities across Scotland (with a focus on the Aberdeen area)
- Driving customer and partner acquisition - new sales revenues via technical specification
- Developing business to target key customers in Oil and Gas, PetroChem, Hydrogen, Marine, Solar, Nuclear and more
- Establishing Sales and Marketing plans and ensure the achievement through regular over sight, definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed
- Monitoring and managing Sales and Marketing processes with lead generation qualification, production selection and sales process, negotiations and closing of deals
- Collaborating with various functions such as application team, marketing team, customer service and supply chain team to ensure sufficient resources for the target market, and to align with the company goals and processes
- Responsible for the sales executive plan, marketing plan and product plan for the region
- Overseeing competitive analysis and market segment definition activities.
- High responsibility on behalf of company, for any event or needs to be addressed in the region. Such like market analysis, competition, customer satisfaction improvement, etc.
As Business Development Manager you’ll need:
- A solid track record of success, building strong customer relationships and market knowledge in target the area gained in a similar business to business, industrial Business Development Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer or similar role
- Relevant technical and market knowledge, perhaps working in seals, gaskets, valves, pumps, filtration or similar
- Bachelor’s or above in mechanical, hydraulic engineering, or similar.
- A focussed, results-driven, self-motivated and independent approach
- To be commercially astute and solutions-oriented with strong interpersonal skills as well as open-minded, proactive, detail-driven and analytical thinking
- Able to work confidently under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, sensitive to the market
Benefits and rewards:
- Salary £60,000 to £70,000k + up to 30% bonus + car allowance (£750/month) + pension + benefits
- To maximise pay/rewards, you must possess all outlined experience, skills, knowledge and qualifications
- This is a full time, permanent work
- Working from home
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Business Development Manager, Grangemouth