£45,000 to £71,000 / Newcastle upon Tyne / Jun 5, 2023
Our client is a highly profitable and ambitious technology-driven service group that has grown phenomenally from scratch to c.£350m sales and c.500 staff in approx. 15 years. Its finance department and key people have grown and progressed with the company and the team is now c.25 strong. The company is now on the next stage of its truly amazing journey and we’re looking to assist in further strengthening the Finance function, by recruiting an experienced progressive, career-minded and commercially-focussed accountant to a newly created Systems Accountant role.
Reporting the Finance Lead and part of a growing team, you will play a key role ensuring the integrity and accuracy of finance business systems, managing continued development, supporting the business as new initiatives are developed and integrated as well as driving change and improvement.
Your key responsibilities as Systems Accountant will include:
- Collaborating with department heads to understand their specific financial system and reporting requirements
- Leading on financial systems and data related projects, including implementations
- Assessing the suitability of all financial systems in the business, and suggesting improvements going forward
- Reviewing systems performance and identifying system issues
- Designing and implementing system controls to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Implementing, reviewing and maintaining all financial systems, policies and procedures, ensuring compliance to relevant standards
- Building effective relationships with external vendors and developers, providing constructive feedback on defects and testing, highlighting possible product development to further systems’ functionality
- Aiding in the design, testing and implementation of new reports, systems functionality and user interfaces and accompanying user guides
- Train and support finance and non-finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures
As Systems Accountant you’ll need:
- Proven experience as a Systems Accountant or similar Project Accountant role gained in a fast-paced, service driven environment
- Finance systems administration skills and knowledge with a strong understanding of end-to-end finance processes, data processes, data architecture and data flows
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent qualification
- Highly computer literate, ideally with advanced MS Excel, SQL, reporting and data visualisation skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A progressive, proactive and flexible approach
Benefits and rewards:
- Salary c.£45,000 - £65,000 + bonus (to c.10%) + pension + benefits
- To secure maximum pay/rewards, you must possess all outlined experience, skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Hybrid working (3 office days per week)
- Free parking
- Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Holiday – 30 days including stats.
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Systems Accountant, Newcastle upon Tyne